Please see Our School, Statutory Information for our SEND Information Report (Click on link below)
SEND at Cranborne
At Cranborne, we pride ourselves at being an inclusive school which offers a wide range of provision to meet the needs of all our learners. Please see our SEND information report for statutory information about this.
Mrs Keilty our Headteacher, our SENDCo Mrs Holt, and the rest of the Inclusion team are always available to discuss matters around SEND and, together with parents/carers, will ensure that the right provision is in place for each child.
The PowerPoint below outlines our approach to SEND at Cranborne. A big thank you to all parents who have attended the Inclusion parent coffee mornings last academic year. Please keep an eye below for the dates for the next terms and an email will be sent out confirming them.
Louisa Smyth, from the Speech, Language, Communication and Autism team has kindly sent us her PowerPoint from her session on supporting your child with their social interactions.
Please feel free to have a chat with the school SENDCo, Lucy Holt, if you require any additional information.
Tel: 01707 652 714
SEND Friendly Events
Sometimes finding SEND friendly days out can be challenging when typically our SEND children find crowded spaces, loud noise, unfamiliar settings and people overwhelming. Below is a list of places and events that are designed to support children and young people with a variety of SEND. Please let us know how you find them-feedback and sharing personal experiences may help another family.
1. The London Transport Museum - Opens outside of normal opening hours for SEND children to explore in a quiet environment. This is free for children who attend with a full paying adult.
Enjoy the Museum at a quieter time, free from the general public, and with many of the gallery sounds turned off. Explore the All Aboard family spaces in peace, have a go at the holiday activities or get hands-on with genuine parts of transport history.
They now offer a sensory space at these events. Feel free to use any of the sensory objects including the bespoke stimming board, carefully crafted by their Learning Team to provide a calming sensory experience for all visitors.
2. Kew Gardens -Explore all the things plants need to grow; earth, air, sun and water, and enjoy the sensory elements of the Children's Garden during one of their quiet sessions. The session is free but tickets must be booked in advance.
3. Accessible Cinemas- May cinemas will screen the latest films in a more SEND friendly way- with lights on, volume down, freedom to move around the theatre. Search here to find the screens near you.
4. Jump in - Quieter Jump sessions with fewer people and less music to support your SEND child's sensory need.
5. Aldenham Country Park SEND Pavillion - A SEND (special needs and disabled) play session at the Pavilion and Adventure Playground includes use of the inside play centre with sensory rooms, arts and crafts and lots of different toys. Plus the outdoor adventure play area (exclusive until 11am) with sand pits, a hobbit tunnel, climbing frames, a zip wire and more all for £6 per child.
6. Barracuda's SEND swimming club - Are a swimming club for people with disabilities. They welcome people of all ages and swimming abilities, no matter the severity of physical or learning disability. they meet every Sunday at 11.30-12.30 at the Furzefield centre, Potters bar, where they have exclusive use of the pool
7. Willows Farm - Run SEND/Quiet sessions from 9am -10am twice a month. Tickets are for the full day with an extra quiet hour in soft play, funfair rides and JCB tractors at no additional cost.
1. Odds Farm Father Christmas - Interested in attending the SEN-only session? This will take place on Sunday 26th November 2023. Please note, guests with additional needs are welcome to attend on any date and time, however on the 26th November, certain sessions are set aside only for families with children with additional needs, where extra provisions will be in place. For further information, do not hesitate to contact them.
2.Christmas at Kew - Kew Gardens gets lit up with spectacular light shows and seasonal sounds. This is not an SEND event, however, it is a magical sensory experience that is well suited to many of our SEND children.
3. Welwyn Garden City Christmas light trail - Not an official SEND event but a lovely way to get in the Christmas spirit with a free multi sensory walk.
4. Christmas Wonderland @ Springtime Nursery - Not specially SEND but very SEND friendly. You go on a little train ride through Santa's Grotto before meeting the Big Man himself.
WORKSHOPS/SUPPORT GROUPS/COFFEE MORNING INFORMATION
*****Please return here to find information about the upcoming DSPL6 (Delivering Special Provision Locally) and Hertsmere Schools' Partnership SEND Parent Information & Support Group and other workshops for the Autumn term 2023 *****
SEND Parents and Inclusion Coffee Morning Tuesday 28th November 8.45-10am @ Cranborne Primary School Training Suite.
Potters Bar SEND support group : Elm Court, 363 Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, EN6 3BP
16th November 2023
14th December 2023
Each session consists of an informal chat with other parents/ carers and the chance to listen to an experienced speaker on topics that may affect your child and family.
Refreshments will be provided and meetings run from 9.15 to 10.45 am
SEND Surgeries on zoom
29th November 2023
24th January 2024
13th March 2024
15th May 2024
26th June 2024
The surgeries consist of 30-minute sessions with our SEND School Family Workers to answer questions and to offer support and signposting for parents/carers of children with additional needs.
Please email email@example.com for more information about any of these events or to be added to their mailing list. You will then receive further information about each event