It’s been another full week in our nursery. We had a visit from our local police service, which was lots of fun, as well as all of you coming to visit us on Thursday upon our Open Morning.
This week our focus has been on the ‘m’ sound and our story of the week ‘Is that what friends do?’
Our Home Learning bags have all gone, so I will be making more to go out next week.
The children have enjoyed playing outside and using our musical instruments, looking at our Giant African Land snails and learning our Christmas Play.
Dates for your diary..
- Friday 13th December - Our Nativity 9.15am
Monday 16th December - The School Fayre
Wednesday 18th December - Nursery Trip.
- PE - The children have PE every Thursday morning. Please ensure that girls are not wearing tights, and that if possible the children are wearing jogging bottoms or dark coloured leggings.
- Library - We visit the school library every Friday Morning. Please ensure that library books are returned so that your child may take out a different book each week.
- Clothing and accessories - please make sure that all of your child's belongings are clearly labelled, so that they can quickly be identified if misplaced.
- Please encourage your child to get dressed and put on their shoes and coats independently. We will also support this at school.
People Who Help Us
What we are learning about...
We are now learning all about People Who Help Us. We will have visits from the fire service and police. We will explore who we call in an emergency but also all the other people who help us.
http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ (Phase 1 first for Nursery)