Welcome to Nursery's Class Page...
Welcome to our class page. Here you will be able to see all the exciting learning that happens in nursery. You will also find information about supporting your child with their learning and upcoming events.
The staff you will meet in Nursery are Mrs Mottram (class teacher), Mrs Bhatt (Early Years Practitioner) and Miss Zwager (Early Years Practitioner).
We are all really looking forward to getting to know you and your children this year.
Dates for your diary...
- Monday 18th - Friday 22nd February - HALF TERM.
- Monday 25th February - Children return to school.
- Thursday 7th March - World Book Day. Dress-up as your favourite book character. £1 donation. A letter will be sent out explaining the day.
- Friday 29th March - Mother's Day Event - come and join the staff and children for some fun Mother's Day activities in the classroom. A letter will be sent out after half term.
- Monday 1st April - Friends of Cranborne Easter Egg Hunt. A letter will be sent out nearer the time. We welcome parent helpers for this event, please let us or your class rep know if you are available. (Parents will need to have a valid DBS in place.)
- Friday 5th April - End of term.
- Tuesday 23rd April - Children return to school.
- Please refer to the main webpage for the full school year calendar.
- PE - The children have PE every Tuesday morning. Please ensure that girls are not wearing tights, and that if possible the children are wearing jogging bottoms or dark coloured leggings.
- Library - We visit the school library every Friday Morning. Please ensure that library books are returned so that your child may take out a different book regularly.
- Clothing and accessories - please make sure that all of your child's belongings are clearly labelled, so that they can quickly be identified if misplaced.
- Please encourage your child to get dressed and put on their shoes and coats independently. We will also support this at school
What we are learning about...
"Once Upon a Time..."
Welcome back after the Christmas break...we hope you have had a restful holiday and are ready to embrace the new term!
This term we are focusing on well known stories and traditional tales - we will be talking about story characters, settings, using story telling language, telling our own stories and acting out stories.
We will also be looking at counting objects, recognising numbers and representing numbers in lots of different ways.
We are already half-way through the school year! Where has the time gone? The children have grown so much since they joined us in September. They are amazing, and we are enjoying our time spent with them.
We have been practising our letter sounds, counting, mark making, going to the library and celebrating Chinese New Year by making and trying stir fry noodles!!
This half-term we are going to be thinking about all the amazing possibilities our imaginations can open to us! We are going to be having a dressing-up shop,so we are going to become Princesses, Pirates, Cowboys, super heroes and maybe even Scooby Doo!?!
We will be exploring numbers, patterns and shapes, thinking about friendships and even going on a trip to the moon! There will be other fantastic things happening, but only our imaginations will limit us!
Of course at the end of the term we have CHRISTMAS!!
It's going to be another busy one!!
"Marvellous, Magical Me!"
This half-term we are going to be looking at ourselves, and all the marvellous, magical things we can do...such as seeing, hearing, touching, tasting and smelling! We will also be introducing the class to our 5 Cranborne Super Learner Sidekicks and their super learning behaviours.
We will be spending a great deal of time during this first half-term getting to know your children and making sure they are settling into nursery life, introducing our rules and routines to them, and ensuring they have a happy, stress-free time with us each day.
Below you will find a couple of information sheets to help your child with their learning.
Newsletters, Dates for your Diary and Information:
Dates for your Diary are just below...
Our class newsletters will appear further down on this page as and when they are published. We have a termly one that comes out 3 times during the year, and then we have our "Updates and Information" letters that come out every few weeks or so. So please watch this space for current information.
Nursery Termly Newsletter
Things parents may find useful...
Creativity the Cat thinks outside the box!
Meet the Cranborne Super Learner Sidekicks...
Terry the Tortoise keeps trying
Bumble the Bee works collaboratively
Barney the owl is independent, plans ahead, and takes pride in his work
Scatter the Spider makes links in his learning
http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ (Phase 1 first for Nursery)