School Uniform policy
At Cranborne, we see uniform as an important reminder that children are coming to somewhere special. It reminds us that all of us are expected to dress smartly and be ready to put our best foot forward for learning. Smartly dressed children give an indication that they care and are willing to engage in the school ethos and values. All staff are encouraged to politely remind children about their uniform. We ask that parents make sure children arrive smartly dressed and ready to learn.
Second Hand Uniform
Cranborne Primary School are keen to promote sustainability and the PTA collect good quality, pre-loved uniform on behalf of the school. Second hand uniform sales are held regularly, however, if you require any uniform outside of the usual sales, please email the Chair of our PTA, Rebecca at email@example.com
Foundation Stage - Nursery & Reception
- Maroon tracksuit (crested jumper or cardigan required) or grey trousers, skirt, pinafore dress
- Blue polo shirt with school crest (required)
- White or grey socks (for nursery don't worry about colour)
- Black school type shoes (for nursery don't worry about colour but please make sure the children can fasten their shoes on their own)
- Optional for summer is a checked school dress and grey short trousers
- (No PE kit is required for nursery although shorts may be brought in if preferred). PE black shorts, black track suit bottoms, trainers or black plimsoles, maroon t-shirt with school crest (required), maroon round neck sweatshirt with school crest (required). A change of socks for PE – ankle socks in white, black or grey
- Wellington boots for outdoor play
- Maroon school book bag (please no rucksacks as they do not fit on the pegs!)
KS1 and KS2 - Years 1 -6
- White shirt with buttons
- School tie (required)
- Maroon v neck sweatshirt or maroon cardigan with school crest (required)
- Grey trousers, grey skirt or grey pinafore dress
- White or grey socks, black, white or grey tights
- Black school type shoes
- PE black shorts, black track suit bottoms, trainers or black plimsoles, maroon T shirt with school crest (required), maroon round neck sweatshirt with school crest (required). A change of socks for PE – ankle socks in white, black or grey
- Optional for summer is a checked school dress or grey short trousers
Please see below our uniform providers. All branded items can be purchased from them, however nearly all items are available from most leading supermarkets.
All articles of clothing should be marked clearly with your child's name, including Wellington boots.
Jewellery is not allowed. Only small stud earrings are permissible.
Long hair should be tied back and hair accessories should be minimal and in the school colours.
Required items with the school crest and the school tie may be purchased from:
Smarty Schoolwear (In-Store and Online: Uniform can be ordered and delivered to school free of charge)
71 High Street
MyClothing.com (Online only)
Smiths Schoolwear Ltd (In-Store and Online: Uniform can be ordered and delivered to school)
25 Station Parade,
Stamptastic - a new way to label all the uniform and help raise money for the school too. Click on the link http://www.stamptastic.co.uk for more information.