Mrs Davis, Mrs Ingrey, Mrs Gammon, Mrs Cooper and the children of Year 3 welcome you to our exciting page. Here you will find:
Evidence of your child's learning
- Helpful reminders
- Latest news
- Homework support
- Other useful information
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to catch us at the end of the day or arrange a meeting at the office.
English - Fables and Recounts
Maths - Place value, estimation and magnitude of number, counting on and back, addition and subtraction
Science - Rocks and Soils
Topic - Stone Age
Music - Singing
Art - Cave Paintings
RE - Christianity and Islam
PE - Tag Rugby and swimming
Life in 3ID
Life in 3CG
Welcome to Year 3 2019/20. The children have made an excellent start to their first half term of school and we are enjoying getting to know them through exploring their 'All About Me' project boxes.
In Year 3, your child will be working each week on their times tables. Please support their learning at home.
Please find some web links below to support your child with this:
Wednesday 18th September 6.30pm - Parent Information Evening
Wednesday 2nd October - Harvest Festival (Children only)
Tuesday 15th October - Open Morning
Friday 18th October - Spooky Disco
Tuesday 5th November - FOC Firework Display
Wednesday 6th November - Individual/sibling photographs
Thursday 7th November - Celtic Harmony trip
Wednesday 13th November 5pm-8pm - Parent Consultations
Thursday 14th November 3.30pm-6.30pm - Parent Consultations
Friday 29th November - Occasional Day (school closed)
Monday 2nd December 2.30pm - Music Concert
Wednesday 11th December - Christmas Lunch
Monday 16th December - Christmas Fayre
Tuesday 17th December - Pantomime visit
Friday 20th December - End of term at 1pm
Year 3 have been studying cave paintings from the Stone Age. We looked at images from the Lascaux Cave in France and went on a virtual tour of it. Then we practised sketching images and symbols that can be found in Stone Age cave paintings. We then moved on to drawing sections of the paintings from the Lascaux Caves using natural, earthy colours such as red, yellow, brown, white and black. Finally in groups we designed our own cave painting and drew it on large pieces of sugar paper using pastels and charcoal. These will be displayed in the corridor outside 3CG.
On November 7th the children will be going on a trip to Celtic Harmony. Below are some photos of last year's trip to show you the amazing activities the children will experience.
Latest news and reminders...
2019 Autumn Term:
PE is on a Tuesday morning. The children will be developing their skills in both Tag Rugby and Netball. This will include ball handling, throwing/catching, attacking/defending, decision making, teamwork and sportsmanship. Please ensure full kit is in school and that children have appropriate, separate sports footwear.
- Our Swimming session will be on a Friday morning for the whole term. Please ensure your child has their swimming gear and a suitable coat, as they will be walking to Furzefield Leisure Centre. If your child intends to wear goggles during swimming, then you will need to send in a letter to us stating this and that you will take responsibility if there are accidents.We are in need of adult help to walk the children to and from the Furzefield Centre, so please contact us if you can support us with this. Boys should wear swimming trunks or shorts (not long Bermudas) and girls should wear a one piece costume. Swimming costumes and towels should be bought in a separate plastic bag to go in their back packs.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and is expected to be handed in on a Tuesday. Spellings will run Tuesday to Tuesday. Children will be tested on their times tables every Friday.
- Sometimes we ask the children to complete projects for homework - more time will be given for this.
- Please encourage your child to read every day, where possible, and please initial your child's reading records. Reading records will be checked three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) so please ensure that your child is reading when they get the chance to and that you sign to acknowledge this! The children will be gaining confidence using the Accelerated Reading Scheme we introduced for the first time in Year 3 this year. They are enjoying being able to complete their quizzes at school once they have finished reading their book.
- Please also encourage your child to use Mathletics. If you need your child's log-in details, please speak to Mrs Davis/Mrs Ingrey or Mrs Gammon/Mrs Cooper. The website link is below:
Please find the latest homework below...
When projects are set, please use the email below to send any work (power points etc)
We have now invested in an education platform called Purple Mash. The children will all be given individual passwords that can be used both at school and at home. This can be used to access the program. Please take time to have a look with your child, following the link below