Mrs Davis, Mrs Ingrey, Mrs Christoforou and the children of Year 3 welcome you to our exciting page. Here you will find:
Evidence of your child's learning
- Helpful reminders
- Latest news
- Homework support
- Other useful information
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to catch us at the end of the day or arrange a meeting at the office.
If you need to contact your child's teacher and you cannot speak to them at school then please email using the following addresses
Mrs Davis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Ingrey - email@example.com
The Year 3 Learning Environment
Information Evening Presentation
If you child has to isolate for any reason, please see below some work for your child to complete. Once the work is done, please can you email it into your child's teacher.
Watch the video below
Choose from the list below of work to complete.
- Write a news paper report. What have you seen? Who saw it? When did it happen? Where did it happen?
- Write what you think will happen next.
- Write a diary entry as if you are the penguin.
The focus for this half term is for the children to be able to use capital letter and full stops correctly. Please click on the links below for lessons on this. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-use-full-stops-75h3er?from_query=full
If your child is comfortable with this, please see the link below.
Please use the MC Grammar page for your children to learn songs on verbs, nouns and adverbs.
Please look at the year 1 and 2 spelling list and the 3 and 4 list and practice any words that you are unsure how to spell.
We will be looking at place value of a number and using this to aid calculations. Please click on the link below for a lesson on this
Please can you read at least 4 times a week. Once a week, can you complete one of the following tasks:
- write a book review
- write a different ending to the story
- design a new book cover
- write your own bulb
- write a character description of your favorite character.
- write a diary entry for one of the characters.
- make a note of any new vocabulary and find out what they mean.
If you would like more work to do, here is a list of some great websites and apps that you can use
- Oak Academy
- BBC Bitesize
- Purple Mash
Key dates for the Autumn Term:
- Tuesday 1st September - Inset Day (no children please)
- Wednesday 2nd September- First day for all children
- Wednesday 16th September - Virtual parents information evening 6.15pm - more details to follow.
- Tuesday 6th October - Harvest festival celebration in classrooms
- Friday 16th October - Last day of half-term
- Monday 19th October to Friday 30th October 2020 - Half term
- Wednesday 11th November - Parents evening 5-8pm
- Thursday 12th November - Parents evening 3:30-6:30pm
- Friday 18th December - Last day of term 1.15pm finish
- Monday 4th January - First day for all children
Latest news and reminders...
PE this term will be on a Wednesday and a Friday afternoon. We will be working on key skills in both sessions and will use the outdoor space as much as we can. Please ensure your child has suitable clothing for both indoor and outdoor PE.
We are currently assessing the children on our Accelerated Reader program. This is a program that runs throughout Years 3 and 4 and requires the children to complete a short comprehension task once they have completed their book. The children will come home this week with their new book. The book may be of an easier reading level then they have had previously, but please remember that we are looking at their level of understanding as well as their fluency in reading. Please talk to your class teacher if you have any concerns.
Homework will be sent out each Thursday and it needs to be returned by the following Tuesday. All homework will be practising and rehearsing key skills in both English and Maths.
We have now invested in an education platform called Purple Mash. The children will all be given individual passwords that can be used both at school and at home. This can be used to access the program. Please take time to have a look with your child, following the link below
The children still have log-ins for Mathletics. Please follow the link below to access the site.
Homework will sometimes be set on theses sites so please ensure your child knows their log-in details,
Below are the lists of spellings for both years 1/2 and years 3/4. The children are currently being assessed on the Year 1/2 spellings and these will be sent home so you can see where any mistakes have been made. Please work on the unknown spellings with your child at home. The children will begin learning the words from the 3/4 spelling list later this term.