Mrs Davis, Mrs Ingrey and Miss Bungey and the children of Year 3 welcome you to our exciting page. Here you will find:
Evidence of your child's learning
- Helpful reminders
- Latest news
- Homework support
- Other useful information
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to catch us at the end of the day or arrange a meeting at the office.
Super Learner Side-Kicks. Each side-kick possesses learning behaviours that they are very happy to share with our children.
Barney the Owl is independent and organised.
Creativity the Cat thinks outside the box.
Scatter the Spider makes links in learning.
Bumble the Bee works collaboratively.
Terry the Tortoise never gives up!
Summer term's learning
Literacy - Narratives, persuasion and non-chronological reports
Maths - Division, multiplication, time, fractions, decimals
Science - Plants and Light
Computing - We are Pollsters (creating online surveys)
PE - Dance, Rounders, Cricket
Topic - The Rainforest
Music - Glockenspiel and singing
RE - Christianity and Islam
French - basic conversation, counting, objects in the classroom, food
Mrs Davis, Mrs Ingrey, Miss Bungey (teachers), Mrs Bird and Mrs Burrows (teaching assistants) would like to give all Year 3 children and parents a very warm welcome!
Please find web links to support your child with their times tables practice, which is an area we will have a particular focus to. These can be found in the home learning section of this page. Reading records will be checked three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) so please ensure that your child is reading when they get the chance to and that you sign to acknowledge this!
YEAR 3 CLASS ASSEMBLY - WEDS 20th JUNE at 9.15am :)
Transition Day will be on 12th July.
Latest news and reminders...
2018 Summer Term:
Outdoor PE is on a Friday afternoon and will be taught by Miss Bungey and Mrs Ingrey. The children will be learning about Rounders. Please ensure full kit is in school and any hats and sun cream to be applied before school.
- Indoor PE is on a Monday afternoon and this will be Dance. This topic will be taught by Miss Bungey. Please ensure black shorts are in their PE kits for the warmer weather.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and is expected to be handed in on a Tuesday. Maths homework will be set on Mathletics and Literacy will be based on the topic in class. Spellings will run Monday to Monday.
- Sometimes we ask the children to complete projects for homework - more time will be given for this.
- Please encourage your child to read every day, where possible, and please initial your child's reading records.
- Please also enourage your child to use Mathletics. If you need your child's logon, please speak to Mrs Davis/Mrs Ingrey and Miss Bungey. The website link is below:
Please find the latest homework below...
Please send any project-based homework, such as PowerPoint presentations to the below email addresses: