Welcome to the web page for 2C and 2A.
We hope you enjoy learning about our happy and friendly classes.
Please take a look at our learning.
YEAR 2 NEWS...
- Parent Helpers -If you have a few hours to spare, we would be grateful for some help with listening to children read and generally supporting in the classroom. If you think that you may be able to help, please speak to your child’s class teacher and collect a DBS from the school office.
- Upcoming dates for your diary:
27th March Easter egg hunt
28th March Easter Bonnet and Card competition
29th March School Disco / Last day of term
Our Learning this term...
Our Maths learning will focus on addition and subtraction, multiplication and division this term. We will be using the bar model which will assist the children with their problem solving and number work. We will learn different methods to solve a range of problems.
This half term we will continue to refine our key writing skills. We will be ensuring that the children are still using finger spaces, correct letter formation, capital letters, full stops, conjunctions, adjectives and varied punctuation. For the next few weeks we will be using descriptive writing to describe the setting in Narnia.
This half-term our topic is materials. we will be learning all about different materials and their features. We will be learning about important scientists who created new materials and thinking about why we use materials for different purposes.
In History we will be learning about famous nurses. We will learn about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
Art and Design Technology
In Art the children will be developing their understanding of lines and shapes and will be using different media to create a variety of pictures.
In Computing we will be developing our coding skills using the ipad. We will be programming different characters to move around within a game to try and earn points. The apps we will use are kodable, daisy the dinosaur and scratch junior.
- PE is on a Tuesday (Outdoor) and a Friday (Indoor). Please ensure full PE kits are in school. This term we will be focusing on travelling and jumping in gymnastics and football.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday and is expected to be handed in by the following Wednesday at the latest.
- Children will have a weekly spelling test. The Children will be tested on aThursday. Please help your child to learn their spellings at home using the look, cover, say, write, check technique.
- Please encourage your child to read every day where possible and please initial your child's reading record.
- Please also encourage your child to use Mathletics. If you need your child's logon please speak to one of the staff. The link to the website is below:
- Please look at our class news letter, which we send out to parents in the first week back for more information.
- If you ever have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask.
Please look at our information evening presentation for more information...
Year 2 photo gallery!